=

Welcome to 1200stitches!
Stitch by stitch I love to create...and this blog tells the tales of my sewing adventures! With links to 1200stitches.etsy.com, you can buy handmade goodies for the home, yourself or the little ones in your life, and at boodybabiesbedding.etsy.com, you can create the nursery or toddler room of your dreams!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Cricut Crafting

This afternoon I got crafty with the birthday present I received last fall…I finally got a Cricut die cutting machine!  I had been wanting one for ages and just couldn't justify spending the money when my main bread and butter craft is sewing (althought I can use it for cutting appliqués), so my husband removed that burden and bought it for me.  So, when I was asked to donate an item for a fundraising raffle I decided to dress it up;  I created a thank you card with my information for the winner.  I am thrilled with how it turned out…I plan to make some of these to include as thank you notes with my orders.
While I have enjoyed my forray into the papercrafting world via the Cricut, it does pose some limitations for me;  I am exploring the Cameo Silhouette to see if it can allow me a little more flexibility and creativity…it's very difficult spending all that dough on a Cricut cartridge when I typically only want one graphic (that I probably could have created myself using Illustrator).  I'm specfically trying to find out if I can actually use any font I have and create any graphic to be imported.  If that is the case, there may soon be a Cricut available for purchase.  I would love to read any comments regarding reader experiences with both machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment