=

Welcome to 1200stitches!
Stitch by stitch I love to create...and this blog tells the tales of my sewing adventures! With links to 1200stitches.etsy.com, you can buy handmade goodies for the home, yourself or the little ones in your life, and at boodybabiesbedding.etsy.com, you can create the nursery or toddler room of your dreams!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Ruffles and Lace and Owls, Oh My!

Last week was a wonderfully productive week! I completed two vintage/shabby chic inspired ruffle valances and a crib bumper and crib skirt. The valances are so girly I hope my customer shares photos of the finished room with me when it is completed. 6 tiers of ruffles in a mix of whites and textures combine to create a very vintage/shabby chic feel…layers of linen, lace, eyelet, organza and cotton...
The crib bedding was so much fun to make thanks to the super cute color palette my customer chose! I used my favorite method for creating bias binding (in this old tutorial : http://www.sewmamasew.com/2008/07/summer-sewing-perfectly-portable-cushion/ ) The 4 panel, thin crib bumper has an outer fabric of brightly colored owls and an inner fabric of chevron embossed minky in a fun green…yellow with white polka dot piping and ties finish it off. The skirt is an adjustable height, 4 panel crib skirt combining the fun colors of the owl print with various prints bringing an element of visual texture to the piece. Box-pleats create a custom taylored feel. This week I have a custom crib blanket to make; I will be appliquéing a many-leaved tree…I'm really excited to see how this turns out! Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment